Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Kaylee won't sleep and it's driving me insane!

For the past 2 days, Kaylee's naps have been nonexistant! She slept today for 20 minutes (2 intervals of 10 minutes). I know she's exhausted. I have tried putting her in her crib and letting her cry, I have tried holding her, I have tried making her fall asleep in the car, running in the stroller with her...all of which have failed! I don't know what's wrong with the poor girl. She feel asleep in the highchair today. It only lasted for 10 minutes until Clay came through the door and she immediately woke up. I wasn't going to move her from the chair until she woke up. I tried to put her back down, but it didn't end in success. She was hyper to play again so I tried the jumparoo(usually the jumparoo will wear her out enough and allow for her to be put down)...no success! Her eating habits have changed as well. She was eating between 1 - 2 jars of baby food at every meal (3 times per day). The past two days she's only eaten 1/2 jar - 1 jar and I am lucky if I can get that without tricking her and shoving the food in her mouth when she opens it to cry! I think it could be teeth...but I don't see anything. She doesn't have a fever...she's not sick. She's tired. I'm tired. Ahhh...what do I do!?!

2 comments:

  1. Oh No Jen. I am SOOO sorry, for both of you! It sounds like teeth to me, but I am no doctor!!! Usually when my kids start teething their eating habits change along with everything else. Maybe try a little orajel on her gums to see if she rests more peaceful. Does she chew on cold teething rings? I put mine in the fridge so they aren't rock hard or to cold... I wish I was closer so I could take her for a while so you could get some much needed rest! Call me if you need me..... Hope everyone gets some rest real soon!!!

    PS. Try calling the doc. Just talk to the nurse and tell her what is wrong, maybe she will have some good advise!!!

    Good luck my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry hun! maybe it's just a phase and she'll be done with it soon!

    ReplyDelete