Friday, May 1, 2009

Carpet is coming Thursday!

Tomorrow we will walk into our new home and spend the first night in our very own house! Clay and I are really excited about buying our first house....but with the joy of homeownership also comes the joy of fixing things. Our first big thing to fix in this house is definitely the carpet. I don't have any pictures of the sky blue, bleached, dog poop colored stained carpet, but once we're staying in the house, I will be sure to post some. The carpet is horrendous! I am so excited to have new carpet coming and being installed on Thursday and Friday. Carpet is way too expensive so we had to go with something of medium quality, so it won't be the best of carpet but it will be brand stinkin' new and it definitely won't be blue!

After picking Clay up from the airport and celebrating our homeownership together, I will probably go to Walmart or Home Depot and pick up the much needed paint as well! I will begin with one accent wall in the living room and then paint all of Kaylee's room. If I am not entirely bored of painting at that point, I want to paint the rest of the living room/dining room/kitchen area a golden beige/mocha color (I haven't quite decided). The only issue with this is that I will have to continue the painting of this color into the hallways...which is obviously a lot of painting. What the heck right..I have another week of living without our furniture and out of a suitcase and the internet won't come until Wednesday I believe...so why not just paint and get it all out of the way! We're also painting an accent wall in the office/guest bedroom but we haven't quite decided on a color (I think I want to copy Siobhan's idea and do a navy theme...which may lead to a navy accent wall). Lots of painting to do and I am excited about it. This is after all the joyous part of homeownership...being able to do whatever you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment