Friday, December 4, 2009
Oh my!
I think I have officially decided that I definitely want to run the Whidbey Island marathon April 11 of next year! I know it's going to be difficult with working, Kaylee, and it being way cold outside...but I truly want to do it. I am going to order a Warm As A Lamb stroller cover. I have been eyeing it for quite some time now, but I didn't want to buy it because when we eventually decide to try for baby # 2, I wanted to just buy a double (instead of buying the single now and then having to buy the double later as well). But, I decided it would be worth it and I can always sell it on craigslist. It's really cold here and I don't have a good rain cover for the stroller, so it'll be nice to be able to use this as both a means to keep Kaylee warm and dry! The reviews on it are amazing so I hope it's as good as it seems because Kaylee is going to be my running partner/training buddy for the next 4 1/2 months (on Saturday's at least). Pushing a jogging stroller with a 20 plus pound baby in it for my long runs will definitely get me ready for a marathon! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I knew it would only be a matter of time before you ran a marathon!! Good for you! It's inspiring to see others push themselves. I have no doubt you'll make it past that finish line.
ReplyDeleteI have no idea what the Warm as a Lamb stroller cover is but I'm willing to bet it will be more than worth the investment. It's awesome that Kaylee gets to accompany you on this new adventure and help you train. Ryan and I always feel that any gear that will keep us outside and exercise is always worth the investment. It's not like you'll be buying the cover and it won't get used. I mean, if you're training for a marathon you'll be running often outside. And like you said, you can always sell it on Craigslist or Ebay if you decide to change strollers.
Let me know if you have any rec's on cold weather running clothes. I'm experiencing our first real winter here in Philadelphia and I'm CLUELESS as to what to wear in these freezing (literally) temperatures!
Good luck with your training!!