Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Kaylee is better!
After a fever, tons of tylenol and motrin, Tamiflu, and lots of love and cuddling....Kaylee is finally getting better! She hasn't had a fever since Friday. The doctors say once the fever has been gone for 24 hours she is no longer contagious...but, I wanted to make sure and not take her in public still. She has been fever free now though for 4 days and Kaylee and I went and enjoyed some time out for the first time since she got sick. We went to Walmart (fun I know...but I needed wipes desperately and I also had to get my oil changed). Kaylee is getting happier and happier as each days passes and she is sleeping/eating better too! Today is the last day for Tamiflu, so I am glad that the medicine will all be over with soon (she hates getting it given to her!). It scared me to death when the doctor said that she had H1N1, but the doctor said she would be fine. He said there was more hype in the media about it than there really needed to be because unless you had an underlying condition, you would be just fine. At the ER here in Whidbey, they're not allowing anyone with flu like symptoms to visit the hospital. They're even sending people home that come in with flu like symptoms (except small children and/or people with underlying condistions). The doctor said that 95% of all flu cases right now are H1N1 cases. Thankfully, Clay and I are fine and we did not get sick (though I would have rather gotten sick than my baby!). Anyways, Kaylee is better and I am glad to have my little happy girl back! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment