There really hasn't been a lot going on these days. In all honesty, I am bored out of my mind. I am trying to find projects to do around the house to take up some of my time, but some of them I just can't do by myself and some of them just cost way too much. I am thinking about painting again. I am not sure that I love the color in the living room/dining room/hallways so I may be painting over it. If I paint, I think I will paint it something a little more subtle. I just feel like the color it is now is too tan. We will see.
I booked a plane ticket to visit Jill in Key West for her wedding. Kaylee and I will be making the trip all the way across the country by ourselves (unless by some miracle Clay can come). It should be interesting. I just hope it all goes smoothly. I am excited though because I have never been to Key West.
Just 2 more weeks until Siobhan and Kim get here! I am soooooooo excited that I just can't contain myself. I can't wait to see them and spend time with them (even if it isn't that much time). Kate, Kim, and I will run the half marathon together September 13 and then Siobhan, Kim, Kaylee, and I will head back to Seattle to take Siobhan to the airport. Kim doesn't leave until that Monday, so we're thinking about getting a hotel room and staying there so that we don't have to come back to Oak Harbor and then leave again back to Seattle the very next day (that's a lot of hours!).
I am still looking for a job. It's proving to be fruitless. I don't want to settle and I want to make sure it's something that will allow me to have as much time with Kaylee as possible...and it's just hard to find something like that. I am trying to not get too wrapped up in it and enjoy my time with my special little girl. It's just difficult because there is so much that we want to do with the house and it all costs money...which I need a job in order to have. For now though, we'll stick with the projects that are easy fixes and don't cost that much (i.e. lights, door knobs, paint, and so forth).
Clay is "flight side" as of today....whatever that means. I think that it means that he could fly in the jet (though even now he won't actually "fly" it, they have to do so many hours in the backseat before they can fly the plane). It will probably be a few months before he actually gets to fly the plane. I know he's ready for that day to finally come. It's been 6 months since he has flown and he's getting a little antsy.
Kaylee is getting her top teeth in. Her left incisor just broke though and her right front tooth is getting ready to come in. Her pedi thinks she'll get all 4 top teeth at once and I really hope so...otherwise, she'll have a gap in her teeth where her left front tooth is suppossed to be. She'll still be adorable either way though. She has been insanely fussy though with all of these teeth coming in. She's sleeping less at night (if that's even possible) and it's just been really hard on her. I know her poor gummies hurt, so I try not to get too upset about the extra lack of sleep.
Anyway, that's all in the Greunke household right now. Hopefully, things will become more exciting soon!
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I hope Kaylee's teeth pop through soooon!!!!! We miss you guys!!!!! xoxoxo
ReplyDelete