Today is Kaylee's 8 month b-day! I started and originally posted this blog saying that we didn't have a lot going on..how could I forget this big news! Kaylee is 8 months old. She is getting soo big, soo fast. She is crawling everywhere, pulling herself up onto furniture (and scaring the crap out of me doing it!), and she even has 2 teeth!
Okay, other than that...not too much going on! :-)
We did have a couple come and stay with us for nearly a week. That was fun. It was nice seeing Lilian and James. We're excited for them to move here. Hopefully, their house hunting went will end up in good spirits and they'll have a house to show for their week long quest to Whidbey Island! Hopefully.
Clay's birthday was this past week. He ordered a new laptop off QVC a few days before, so that is his birthday present. The only bad thing is that it doesn't ship until Aug. 13th. He's really excited about it though. It has all top of the line features...4 GB, 500 GB RAM, a Blue-Ray DVD player, and loads of other stuff that I know nothing about. It's HP's top notch computer and we got a great deal on it (thank God for easy-pay on QVC though..otherwise, we couldn't afford it). So, he'll get that laptop, and I'll take over his old one since the desktop is officially in internet decommissioning! Something is wrong with it and it just won't connect. We had some issues with it connecting in Meridian though, and I was told that the internet itself may have a virus on it (if that's even possible)...who knows. Anyways, I made Clay some birthday brownies and Kaylee and I both got him cards. We went to Maggie's 2nd birthday party that day, so it was a fun day! Clay got to hang out with all of the guys and have some beers and I held Kaylee as she slept in my arms (nice at the time...made an awful night for her though later). It was fun seeing all of the wives and meeting some new ones.
We FINALLY got a new jogging stroller. It was at the NEX for a grandtotal of $129. I just hope this one lasts a while. The tires have to aired up before I can use it, but I am excited to have a working stroller again. Clay tried to fix the other one but it just didn't hold up. I have heard good things though about InStep strollers and they have very good reviews. I, of course, would love a Bob....but I am not paying over 3x what I paid for a jogging stroller! Just not doing it. I am going to have to get used to the fixed wheel though. Fixed wheels are better for runners (versus walkers) but it will make it more difficult to walk with....makes it harder to steer. Oh well...can't have it all..and I would rather have it easier to manuver while running than walking (especially for those longer runs!).
I am still looking for a part-time job. Nothing on the island seems promising...though I feel like I am applying for anything and everything I see that is listed as part-time (with the exception of retail as I would have to work nights and wouldn't have anyone to watch Kaylee). I want something set in hours so I can have reliable childcare for Kaylee bugs. The extra money would be really nice...but I supposse everything happens for a reason and if we're made to be poor right now...then that's fine. :-) Clay will just have to learn to deal without his Taco Bell "diet" as he calls it!
We're building our mileage this week. Kate and I (and whoever else decides to run with us....we're collecting more people these days!) ran 2 miles on Monday, will run 7 tomorrow, 3 on Thurs, and 9 on Sat. It's nice to finally be getting closer to the 13 mile mark! I sent off the paperwork to register for the half last week and I am getting more and more excited about it! Plus, an added bonus, I will get to see Kim (who is flying from Meridian to run it with us) and Siobhan (who is flying from Lemoore to support us)! Very exciting!
Well, that's about all. I guess maybe I had more going on that I thought!
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment