Well, Clay found out today that he will not be going to the June boat. The May boat was cancelled and all of the guys that would have been on the May boat are being pushed back to the June boat, subsequently pushing Clay back to the next boat (in August). He is a little saddened by this. He was really looking forward to getting to fly more and get to the boat. He hasn't flow since last week and now that the other guys have been pushed back, he will probably continue to move extremely slow. Who knows when his next flight will be. Such is the life in VAQ 129.
My work has cut back on my hours. Things are slow...we will see where I end up with this job and how things play out in the next few months. I may be unemployed or working very few hours in the next months...who knows. Hopefully, things will pick up. It's unfortunate that such a good company (for the local community and to it's employees) is facing tough times because of the tough economy.
The marathon is Sunday! Crazy to think about. I am a little (read a LOT) nervous. I am trying to not think about it. It's just another run. I just really don't want to walk and I REALLY want to do it in 4 hours. The course is insanely hilly though (insanely!!!!) and it may prove to be a limiting factor on my ability to tough it out. We will see! :-)
Other than this...not too much going on. Kaylee is getting big and trying soo hard to talk. Her vocab is growing (though it takes a lot to understand her). She says yes, no, wow, eat, mom, dad, woof, milk, and a few others that I can't think of at the moment. If you really listen, she can say some colors: red, blue, green. She also points to her head and says head, ears, eyes. If you ask her where her ears are, she points to her head (same for eyes and nose and lips). :-) We're working on it lol. She's just so fun and I am amazed by how our love for her grows soo much everyday! She's absolutely beautiful. :-)
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment